Best Concert ?

Gipsy Kings concerts and tours, past, present and future, including concert reviews.

Best Concert ?

Postby billyboggins » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:36 am

Just watched the dvd of 2004 Kenwood House ....perhaps i am biased but this must be the Best concert the guys have ever played ...what do you think ?
billyboggins

Re: Best Concert ?

Postby adele » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:38 am

Yes, excellent concert; but I'm sorry, Toronto, summer of 1991, takes the cake. :)

Adele

P.S. Or remember the Royal Albert Hall? That was one of the very, very, best.
adele

Postby IsaBin » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:41 pm

I think the Kenwood Concert is wonderful! , but for me the top would have been to see them in the early nineties. So lucky you guys could be in these two concerts!

IsaBin
IsaBin

Postby adele » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:05 am

Hi IsaBin,

That is very true. The late 80's, early 90's was when they were in their prime.

They are so amazingly good that even all these years later, their concerts still have the power to move people and their talent still shines.

The summer of '91, I heard Nicolas do a warm up for "Viento del Arena", from outside the outdoor concert venue, just his voice, and the tears were streaming down my face because it was so powerful and so beautiful.

They still move people; Tonino still expresses the most exquisite, pure emotions through his guitar and their voices still touch people's hearts. We are so lucky to know their music.

Adele
adele

Postby musicfan » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:40 am

While I have seen and enjoy this concert very much, I also like the one from 1990 in LA. The sound quality was not as good, but the energy and newness of it still showed through. My favorite concert is my first - in 96. There was an infectious energy that was just incredible.

For me nothing can ever compare to a live concert. If there were a video of a concert I had attended, that would probably have to be my favorite. It would have the power to transport me back. Each time I am fortunate enough to be able to attend a concert, there is always at leat one song that hits me in some new way, and I come away thinking that is the best I've ever heard it sung or played.

I keep hoping that one of these years they will come out with a new "live" DVD where they have taken one song from each city on the tour. I am betting there are enough semi-professional videographers, that they could find one for each city.
musicfan

Postby adele » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:53 am

So true. That would be a great idea.

Adele
adele

Postby VancouverGipsy » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:08 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Best concert for me, good question, each concert has touched me in a different way each time. I would have to say the outdoor concert in 1994 or 95 at Nat Bailey Stadium in Vancouver...wow, that was actually my first ever Gipsy Kings concert. I think they perform better outdoors...I think they are more comfortable in an outdoor venue. I would also have to say the Plaza of Nations show in Vancouver in 2001. That was the last time I saw Patchai perform live as well. God I miss seeing him. He is such a talented performer who loves to dance and walk around with the microphone with a lot of charisma. A true naturally gifted performer! I would then have to say Vancouver 2009 at the PNE another live show. What a beautiful performance by the band. That is the last time I saw Pablo perform as well. Best song of the evening was a bone chilling performance of Un Amor and Caminando Por la Calle. I will post them later on my facebook site which is also Vancouver Gipsy. Add me as a friend if you LOVE the Gipsy Kings! The next best show was The Chateau Winery in Seattle -August of 2011, another outdoor venue and I had the best time of my life at that show!!!!! I had a really personal moment with Nicolas. It was during the second last song..Volare... I was in front dancing and singing so love. I know Nicolas felt all of my love and energy and my voice singing out the lyrics as I was front row of course in front of him. At the end he came over to me as I was reaching out to him arms outstretched singing Volare and he grabbed both of my hands and held them onto them what felt like forever and I had a lot of eye contact as well. As we all know Nicolas rarely moves around to much to the front or always has his eyes closed as he is singing so intensely and passionately with his eyes closed that this was an extra special moment for me that I will never forget and I got to finally meet him after the show as well. Lets not talk about the worst show...Vegas 2011 with the damm security guards not letting anyone stand up even to dance. Anyways those are my favourite and again please find me on facebook if you haven't already xoxoxo Bisous a tous :-)
VancouverGipsy

Return to Concerts and Tours