Gipsy Nouveau

Let's discuss the Gipsy Kings

Re: Gipsy Nouveau

Postby rainbow_glo » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:03 pm

Well I answered my own questions regarding the drummer and keyboard player. The only name I am missing yet is the fellow above from Ole' Noys. While I have Mickael Baliardo, Cosso Baliardo and Yohan Reyes identified, as they were advertised as being THE 3 that made up Ole' Noys, this 4th fellow isn't credited, yet looks like he fits in with the familial looks. Also, the drummer (Quentin Boursy) accompanied these 4 guys, which is not mentioned anywhere. Anyone know who that guy in the photo directly above is?

Even on the Ole' Noys Facebook page, there are only 3 in the photo/banner.

Edit: See previous page for photo at the bottom of the page, I didn't realize I hit the new page with this post. :lol:

Peace-
rainbow_glo
rainbow_glo

Postby Jusquin » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:19 pm

Just to let everyone know that Patchaï posted that he spent last evening with Canut and they celebrated his birthday together: "J'ai passer une très bonne soirée chez mon frère canut à l'occasion de son anniversaire. Je t'embrasse mon frère et j'embrasse tout mes amis."

He said there is much love between them, and that is enough: "On était peu mais avec tellement d'amour entre moi et mon frère que cela suffisait."
Jusquin

Postby Amanda » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:07 pm

Hi rainbow_glo,

Welcome to the Forum! I've been a member for about seven years, and a Gipsy Kings fan for about 10 1/2 years.

Thanks for your posts about the concert and the three great clear photos. I hope you can post more photos and maybe a longer review soon.

I can certainly understand your feelings about the absence of Canut, and now it's the absence of both Canut and Patchai. After I heard that both Canut and Patchai were no longer wanted in the group, this information confirmed by Patchai via his Facebook page, I was so sad I couldn't even listen to a Gipsy Kings CD for a month because I felt no joy listening to the music anymore. However, after a month or so I started listening to the CDs and I could enjoy them again. I guess what was happening is that I was grieving, and had to go through that grief before I could come out on the other side. The important point here is that no one has died, they are all still alive and well, and as long as there's life, there's hope. I pray that even if Canut and Patchai never rejoin the band, that they will reunite with their brothers as a loving family. Though it's sad in one way that two of them are no longer in the group, in another way it's better because Canut and Patchai support one another during this difficult time.

Jusquin, thanks for letting us know about Patchai's post.

Amanda :geek:
Amanda

Postby rainbow_glo » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:58 am

Hi Amanda!

Sorry I only just now ran across this.

The band is still quite excellent, there's no denying that, but I honestly think the harmonizing is much weaker than before, sorry to say. What I did find quite good and very interesting was the jazzy improvisation at times that I didn't expect!

I eventually figured out all the names of all the people in my photos, I even unsuccessfully tried to share some with them on Facebook, but the pages I found were all locked up tight against non-friends. I surely don't blame them for that, but I just wanted to share the photos. :-)

I'd be more than happy to post some or all here, if preferred, but if it's just you that's curious and would like to look over what I put together, I have them posted on my own site here, and you are welcome to visit:

http://bit.ly/1w533UW

Kind regards-
Gloria
rainbow_glo

Postby Jusquin » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:35 pm

Great photos, Gloria!

I'm glad you had such a great time at the show!

I think it's wonderful that the sons are following in their fathers' footsteps and keeping alive that great gipsy/flamenco tradition; but that said, I sorely miss the two brothers who are no longer part of this great band.

Georges Reyes also put up a wonderful video of Patchaï's little grandson strumming a toy guitar while Canut plays along. I don't think this little guy can be much more than 3 or 4 years old, but he's keeping perfect rhythm. I wish I could post it, but I haven't found a way to do it. If I do, I'll bring it here.
Jusquin

Postby Amanda » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:03 pm

Hi Gloria,

Thanks for all the wonderful photos you posted on your site! It's great to see all the photos of the younger generation and to know who's who. I saw Mickael last year. He played the whole concert along with his father Tonino, and Nicolas, Andre, and Paul. A couple of the other sons came on for the encore.

The original Gipsy Kings did look tired in the photos, but I'm sure that was only because it was the end of a long international tour, as you said. Your great photos and a private message from another Forum member inspired me to go to Tickets Now and get tickets for their August 30 concert at the Greek Theatre. I thought I wasn't going to go this year because I spent so much money last year on VIP Meet and Greet tickets (one of the greatest days of my life), but I found a fantastic deal on Tickets Now for tickets in a VIP box for a price no higher than regular tickets.

Amanda

Postby rainbow_glo » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:26 am

Thanks so very much, Jusquin and Amanda!

Amanda, it's certainly a worthwhile venture to see this 'next phase' of the band. Do you think there will ever be any way we will see them reunite before the kids take over completely? *sigh*

Peace-
rainbow_glo
rainbow_glo

Postby Amanda » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:00 pm

Hi rainbow_glo,

You're welcome. I certainly hope that they will all reunite before their sons take their place!

Amanda

Postby Jusquin » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:10 pm

Found this on Patchaï's Facebook this morning, along with a new photo that features all of the group:

GIPSY NOUVEAU is now...
Patchai Reyes, Canut Reyes, Titi Reyes, Tambo Reyes, Mario Regis
Celebrate the History... Celebrate the Music...

Now all we have to do is get them to tour over here!
Jusquin

Postby musicfan » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:33 pm

Jusquin,

Thanks for the update. I am still in denial, and hoping that there will once again be one group. I cannot believe that such a great union will end in this way.

If you are going to a concert enjoy!
musicfan

PreviousNext

Return to Gipsy Kings General Discussion