Baliardo family tree

Let's discuss the Gipsy Kings

Baliardo family tree

Postby Covengarden34 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:29 pm

Hi all,

For my university studies, I am performing a search about baliardo family and the gypsy music
This site http://tribalpages.com/tribe/browse?use ... d=4&ver=42 seems a great resources for my work. It would give me an overview of the different branches of the baliardo family.
Unfortunately, the administrator of the site does not reply to my email.
Does anybody know how to access this site?.
Alternatively, does anyone know a web link showing the various relationship it exist between the baliardo...who is the son of? Who married whom etc.
It is sometime confusing to me.
Any help is welcome.
Paul
Covengarden34

Re: Baliardo family tree

Postby Jusquin » Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:15 pm

Hello, Paul!

I'm sorry; I never heard of that site before, so I can't help you with accessing it. As for other sites, it might help us to help you if you could be a bit more specific about what exactly it is you're looking for.

I'm sure you already know that Manitas de Plata (Ricardo Baliardo; 1921- ) is the father of Jacques (Paco), Maurice (Diego), and Tonino Baliardo and uncle to Paul, François (Canut), Patchaï, Nicolas and André Reyes, the sons of renowned flamenco artist José Reyes and members of the Gipsy Kings. But when you say you are looking for information on the Baliardos and gypsy music, I'm not sure if it is these relationships you're looking for or something more specific to the Baliardo family alone.

Tonino's wife, Linda, known as "Chou-Chou," is Manitas de Plata's granddaughter, and their sons Mickael and Cosso, as well as Nicolas’ son Yohan have been touring with the GK this summer. Have you tried getting in touch with their tour manager, Michel Crupel? He might or might not agree to put you in touch with them.

There is a site that deals with gypsy music at http://www.gypsymusique.com. I don’t know if anyone there could be helpful, but it might not hurt to try.

A photographer named Lucien Clergue, who was a great friend of both Manitas de Plata and José Reyes, is somewhat of an authority on the gypsies who live in the Camargue region of France. He still lives in Arles. Maybe you could reach him through the Arles City Hall. There is also an annual pilgrimage to the town of Stes. Maries-de-la-Mer in honor of the gypsy patron Saint Sarah. Maybe you could contact the City Hall there for information.

I don’t know if any of this is the kind of thing you’re looking for, but that’s the best I can do without your being more specific.

Jusquin
Jusquin

Postby Covengarden34 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:18 am

Thanks for the reply,
Indeed I am confuse ..you mention manita got 3 sons..
I though he got 8 !
I am particularly interested about manita-Fernando de plata...he claims to be the son of manita, ..( a girl claims also being the daughter...franchise mariaux?). The tribal web link mention a few people in the family..
Some are not gipsy name...DESMARES....AS AN EXEMPLE..don't know if these are also person involved in the music business.
Or simply family members , wife or relatives? This is why the web site may help me decipher the various branch of the family.
Thanks for your help

Paul
Covengarden34

Postby adele » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:55 am

Hi!

Manitas de Plata is not the dad of Tonino and brothers.

I have to figure out how they are related, but I am 100% sure he is not their dad.

Adele
adele

Postby Covengarden34 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:58 pm

Thanks Adele...
So the family tree might be informative...seems a lot of gipsy claim to be linked with manitas de plata.
The desmares seems to be linked with the baliardo family through Fernando who apparently married a non gipsy .
Manitas de plata...got 8 sons....no ref for any daughters.

Paul
Covengarden34

Postby Bob » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:26 pm

adele wrote:Hi!

Manitas de Plata is not the dad of Tonino and brothers.

I have to figure out how they are related, but I am 100% sure he is not their dad.

Adele

Tonino, Diego and Paco are nephews of Manitas.

Here are some photos I took in France in 2001.

...Bob
Attachments
france22.jpg
france22.jpg (46.3 KiB) Viewed 5492 times
france23.jpg
france23.jpg (47.71 KiB) Viewed 5492 times
Bob
Site Admin

Postby Jusquin » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:28 pm

Thank you all for catching my error; looks like I was the one who was confused when I typed that up!
Jusquin

Postby adele » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:50 am

Great photos, Bob!

Thanks for sharing.

I think Manitas is Tonino's great uncle.

Adele
adele

Return to Gipsy Kings General Discussion