YouTube videos featuring Patchai

Let's discuss the Gipsy Kings

YouTube videos featuring Patchai

Postby Amanda » Sun May 12, 2013 10:45 pm

Hello everyone,

While watching video of Catherine Laval with the Gipsy Kings, I noticed a couple of suggested videos on the right side of the screen that I've never seen before. They feature Patchai singing with some other musicians:

Gipsy King,Gipsy Legend and Bandoleros "la musique du coeur part 2"

Informal video of Patchai, first driving a car and talking to someone; singing “Bem Bem Maria” with some other singers, Gipsy Legend and Bandoleros; patiently helping them out with other songs. Second part of video is the finished performance of other songs, with women dancing, etc. Watch for Patchai dancing and doing palmas!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=4tC ... =endscreen

Bandoleros - Ay Ven Chiquita feat Pachai from the Gipsy Kings and Los Reyes

Patchai performing outside with same group. He looks like he’s having a great time – watch for him dancing with a young lady while in a swimming pool! One person on YouTube commented, “don pachai despues todos esos anos, tu voz sigue maravilloso” (Patchai’s voice continues to be marvelous after all these years).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6YU3Prxnnc

There may be more of these videos on YouTube also, I don't have time to look right now.

Amanda :geek:
Amanda

Re: YouTube videos featuring Patchai

Postby Amanda » Mon May 13, 2013 12:39 pm

Correction to person's comment on YouTube: it's "Don [honorific] Patchai, your voice continues to be marvelous after all these years."

Amanda

Postby Jusquin » Mon May 13, 2013 8:59 pm

Hi, Amanda!

Cool videos; thanks for posting!

Patchaï has got some smooth moves -- and it doesn't seem to take much to set him dancing!

Jusquin
Jusquin

Postby Amanda » Tue May 14, 2013 12:17 am

Hi Jusquin,

You're welcome! That's true about Patchai. He's also generous in giving of his time to help these developing musicians, while having a lot of fun at the same time! I don't doubt that the other Gipsy Kings do things like this.

Amanda

Postby musicfan » Wed May 22, 2013 10:22 am

The group is Bandoleros. They play in the Chicago area and have several CD's out. You can hear some of their music on Spotify. There is another video somewhere of Patchai singing with the Bandoleros in Chicago (restaurant or bar).

Can you imagine what a treat for those fortunate enough to have been there that evening.
musicfan

Postby Amanda » Thu May 23, 2013 1:35 pm

Hi musicfan,

Thanks for the information! Yes, what a treat that must have been for the people in Chicago that night!

I found two videos of that performance on Los Bandoleros' website:

http://www.bandoleros.com/videos.html

The ones with Patchai are the fourth and fifth ones down, "Ay Ven Chiquita" and "Mambo." Really enjoyable performances! Patchai looks great and is having a wonderful time.

Note in "Ay Ven Chiquita," a woman (you can only see her hand and part of her arm) is throwing money at Patchai! (Starts at around 0:44.) She tosses a whole bunch of bills to him; I can't tell what denominations they are. Later, Patchai moves off to the side, maybe trying to save the woman some money! ;)

Amanda

Postby Jusquin » Fri May 24, 2013 2:05 pm

Hi, Amanda!

Thanks for posting these; I enjoyed them.

Jusquin
Jusquin

Return to Gipsy Kings General Discussion