new concerts

Gipsy Kings concerts and tours, past, present and future, including concert reviews.

new concerts

Postby musicfan » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:26 pm

New concerts recently announced - not yet on the forum. Check ticketmaster's web site.
musicfan

Re: new concerts

Postby Amanda » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:38 pm

Hi musicfan and everyone,

The new concert dates are also on the Gipsy Kings' official website, gipsykings.com. I have been looking at their site daily to check for new concert dates. There's one in Los Angeles (Greek Theatre) on August 3, and I plan to be there of course! :D Presale starts on May 3 at 10:00 a.m.

Amanda :geek:
Amanda

Postby Jusquin » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:11 pm

Aouiii! Hope to be able to get tix for Seattle or Vancouver ... .
Jusquin

Postby Amanda » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:26 pm

Hi Jusquin,

Best of luck for getting good tickets to one of those concerts!

Amanda

Postby Jusquin » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:25 pm

Hi, Amanda,

Thanks for the good wishes!

I just ordered our tickets for Seattle. I've never been to this venue, so I have no idea how good these seats actually are, but we're in Section 1 (right side = stage left); Row F (second row, equivalent to maybe 5th row in center sections); Seats 1-2 (on the aisle next to right center section). So it appears that we will be on Canut's side. I think I can handle that!

I asked about special promo packages; specifically, meet-and-greet (no), and pit seating (nothing left). I would have gladly paid for either. Closest seats to stage in any center section would have been Row N, and I like to be up front where the party -- usually -- is. I am SO ready for the Gipsy Fiesta!

Best of luck to all of you who will be looking for tickets!

Jusquin
Jusquin

Postby Amanda » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:59 pm

Hi Jusquin,

Congratulations on getting the tickets! It is always good to act as quickly as possible. I hope your seats are as good as you hope. I was on Canut's side last year but he wasn't there; I did have a good view of Paul, who was in Canut's usual spot. Like all the others, he looked great and was having a wonderful time. The silver lining to Canut's absence was that both Paul and Patchai were there and did more lead singing.

Amanda

Postby Jusquin » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:51 pm

Hi, Amanda,

Thanks! Hope you get good seats in your presale!

Jusquin
Jusquin

Postby Amanda » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:44 pm

Hi Jusquin,

Thanks! In my experience, with the Greek Theatre, even if you get tickets for the best type of ticket as soon as they go on sale, you may get in Section A, but you won't be close to the front. People or agencies must buy up blocks of tickets so those are already reserved. This is not true of the Grove of Anaheim, a smaller indoor venue. If you call right away, you can get a spot way up front. Note about the Grove if you ever want to go there: what Ticketmaster calls "best available" tickets are in the Pit in front, but unlike most other venues, the Pit is standing room only, no seating of any kind. The first seating rows are above the Pit and the tickets for the front center section are dinner tickets at long tables that seat 12 people.

Tips about the Greek Theatre if you ever want to go there: Forum veterans may remember this advice. Don't get tickets for Section D. These are actually two sections that are way up high and over to each side, so it's very hard to see the stage. Also, the sections are underneath trees; one year we heard women screaming that there was a rat running around up there. A parking tip: the regular parking lot for the Greek is worse than terrible. It is up a winding path on a steep hill of soft dirt studded with gopher holes. People who are elderly or have a disability have a really hard time getting back up the hill after the concert. It's all stacked parking so it takes forever to get out. The solution to this is usually available on the website Tickets Now (at least I was able to do this twice). Special preferred parking passes for the particular date of the particular concert are available for sale. You only need one per vehicle. You don't have to buy a concert ticket through Tickets Now to get one. They aren't too expensive, plus there is some fee and FedEx shipping but it's maybe around $20 - $25. When FedEx delivers the parking pass you have to be home to sign for it. When you drive in to the Greek, have the pass hanging in your rearview mirror. The regular paved parking lot is to the right; it's not on a hill and it's not stacked parking. It is near a sign that says golf course parking. Some of the young people who are controlling traffic may not be familiar with this type of pass, so you need to be firm with them if they try to direct you elsewhere. The other good thing about this special lot is that when you exit, it's off sort of a hidden residential street, not off the main entrance / exit to the park, so you're not waiting behind everyone else who is leaving. This parking pass is really worth the little extra money.

I had never been to the Nokia Theatre in L.A. until last year, and I wanted to get the best seats, so I got the "Diamond VIP package" which includes seating in the front section of the orchestra, parking, and access to a lounge with a buffet and drinks before the show. I was disappointed that there was no meet & greet, but at least the buffet was a lot better than I thought. However, I read on Ticketmaster that there will be two types of VIP packages for the August 3 show through Live Access Now. The costs are not shown yet. Both types include various things but the better of the two includes ticket(s) for one of the first five rows, a meet & greet and personal photo with the Gipsy Kings! :D I have never met them, so naturally I'm ready to splurge on this option! I believe this is the first time since I've been going to their concerts (2005) that the meet & greet option has been available at an L.A. or Anaheim concert.

Amanda

Postby Jusquin » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:39 pm

My tickets arrived today! I'm ready!

Does anyone know if TicketMaster operates independently of venue box offices? I was just wondering, because I've seen cases where TM posts a meet-and-greet and the box office knows nothing about it.
Jusquin

Postby Amanda » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:56 pm

Hi Jusquin,

Congratulations on receiving your tickets! I always keep mine in my freezer for safekeeping until the big day; that way I always know where they are.

I don't know how Ticketmaster operates compared to venue box offices, but it's good to know that some of the venue box office people know nothing about a meet-and-greet posted by Ticketmaster. Thanks for the tip!

Amanda

Next

Return to Concerts and Tours