A theory

Let's discuss the Gipsy Kings

A theory

Postby Amanda » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:05 pm

Hi Everyone,

I just thought of something that could be the reason or one reason why the long-awaited new GK album has not yet been released. Could it be that they want to give Canut's upcoming solo album more of a chance, and not upstage it by releasing the new GK album first?

As many of you may recall, 2010 was the year that Canut was not on the tour because of the mysterious misunderstanding. Then in October of that year someone posted a video on YouTube of the GK performing at the Cratos Premium Hotel on Cyprus, and Canut was back. During the next tour in spring 2011, they performed on a TV show to promote the tour and Andre announced that a new album would be released that summer, but summer came and went, and now summer 2012 is over.

We'll never know the reason why Canut wasn't invited on the 2010 tour, but it could have had something to do with his starting to work on new music for his solo album -- the others may have gotten the wrong idea and thought this meant he didn't want to be part of the group any more. This obviously wasn't the case, so maybe Canut's brothers and cousins want to support him now by letting him release his album before the new GK album is released.

Amanda :geek:
Amanda

Re: A theory

Postby DRose » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:29 am

Hello, Amanda and all Gipsy King fans!
Good observation and i agree. That makes perfectly good sense that the group CD release would be delayed in order
for Canut to get some promotion on his solo CD.
I saw the group this summer a couple of times. Missed Canut of course, but the guys always do such a good job. Love 'em.
The new songs are great. Can't wait to buy the CD.
Hope everyone is doing well :)
DRose

Postby Amanda » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:42 pm

Hi DRose,

Yes, I don't know why I didn't think of it before, but it just dawned on me the other day all of the sudden. It would be especially important to help Canut in promoting the CD because he is producing it on his own, without the help of any big company. (It's ironic, since so many albums are released by big companies that are no good at all.)

Canut's new songs are amazing, I can't wait for the CD either! In addition to the three songs that are going to be on the CD that are now available to download, I wonder if the song "Ayudame Señor" will be on it. Canut posted a black and white video of this song on his blog some time ago. This is also a great song and has a style similar to the other new songs. I think the video was also by Gildas Bocle, like the video of "Sirenas." I looked on his blog recently to see if I could find the video again, but I think the blog has been reorganized a little, and I couldn't find the video.

I also missed Canut when I saw them last month, but to make up for his absence, both Paul and Patchai were there; though both of them have been present at many concerts, this was the first time that both of them had been at the Los Angeles concert since 2005. I hope to see Canut next year!

Amanda

Postby Meli » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:01 am

Hi again Amanda! Maybe you're right. I can't wait to buy that CD :D
By the way, sorry for not respond where do I live (sorry, I don't kwow if that is the correct grammar :? ) I live in the south of Mexico, very far from US.
All the best and take care!
Meli

Postby musicfan » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:05 pm

I hope your theory is correct.

We may never know what transpired between the brothers in the past, or between band members.

I hope they know that as individuals they are amazing performers - each quite cabable of standing on their own artistic merits. What they have created together as the Gipsy Kings is however on a different level. The combination of voices, guitars.....
There is such a joy which their music gives. I don't think words can fully explain.
musicfan

Postby Jusquin » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:33 pm

I, too, hope that your theory is correct. I was so sad when I read about that on Canut's blog; I didn't want to think that there was any kind of problem between him and his brothers and cousins. From what he wrote, I got the feeling that he was very busy with a lot of different things at that time -- his own music, trying to get approval for Place José Reyes, his painting -- that perhaps some of the others thought he no longer wanted to be involved with the band (which definitely was not the case). But the music, the dedication to his father, the painting, all make Canut who he is, and as he wrote, "One might as well try to stop a river from running ... ." In any case, whatever the misunderstanding was, it seems to have been resolved. We have new music from Canut and maybe soon we will have new music from the Gipsy Kings as well.
Jusquin

Postby Amanda » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:36 pm

Hi Jusquin,

Yes, thank God the misunderstanding seems to be resolved. I think we will have new music from the Gipsy Kings soon, because in this interview from French TV, Nicolas said they were preparing a new album with a new title. The interview was done in February of this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4uoypbv ... creen&NR=1

Amanda

Postby Jusquin » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:21 pm

Hi, Amanda,

It sounded to me as though Nicolas said they expected to be wrapping up work on the album in April. It would make sense if they wanted to complete it before they started touring.

Jusquin
Jusquin

Postby Amanda » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:45 pm

Hi Jusquin,

That's great, thanks!

Amanda

Return to Gipsy Kings General Discussion