CONCERT IN LOS ANGELES AUGUST 18!!!

Gipsy Kings concerts and tours, past, present and future, including concert reviews.

CONCERT IN LOS ANGELES AUGUST 18!!!

Postby Amanda » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:18 pm

Hello everyone,

I have been checking the 2012 tour page regularly, and since dates have shown up for San Diego and Temecula, I figured that a Los Angeles date would show up soon. I checked again today, and didn't see one, but I checked Ticketmaster too, since I've been doing that from time to time, in order to double check.

I'm so glad I did! Today is the presale day, ending at 10 p.m.! The concert is at the Nokia Theatre, near downtown L.A., on Saturday August 18 at 8:00 p.m. I have never been to the Nokia Theatre, but I know it's a fabulous new venue. Here's the website:

http://nokiatheatrelalive.com/

There is already a photo of the Gipsy Kings in the slide show of photos that display on the top of their home page.

I just bought my tickets on the Ticketmaster website so now I can breathe again! :D I went wild and got the "Diamond VIP package." You only live once and every opportunity to see the GK is precious. FYI, I don't know if this is true for regular tickets at the Nokia, but if you decide to get the Diamond VIP package, you must pick up your tickets at the Will Call window, which opens three hours prior to the event. You must present the actual credit card used to place the order, as well as a photo I.D.

Amanda :geek:
Amanda

Re: CONCERT IN LOS ANGELES AUGUST 18!!!

Postby jonca » Sun May 20, 2012 8:49 am

got ours too Amanda!! i have payed less for cars... lol In front of Canut I hope (Pitt-R-2, 303-304) especially if he sings Montana.
jonca

Postby Amanda » Sun May 20, 2012 8:06 pm

Congratulations on the 2nd Row Pit seats, jonca! I don't know exactly where our seats are. For some reason when you get the "Diamond VIP package," you don't know your seat numbers ahead of time. All it says is that it's an "Amazing Reserved Ticket(s) in the Front Orchestra Sections." Technically, the Pit is not the same as the Orchestra, but maybe when they say "Front Orchestra Sections" that includes the Pit, since they obviously couldn't guarantee a Pit ticket no matter how much you pay. They're supposed to e-mail me additional info a couple of days before the concert; I don't know if I'll know about the seats then, or will have to wait until we pick up the tickets at the VIP Will Call Window. :?

Getting the "Diamond" package makes for a smoother experience since it includes VIP parking, separate VIP entrance with direct access to the VIP lounge, preshow party in lounge with open bar and all you can eat hors d'oeuvres and snack foods, private elevator and separate VIP restrooms. :lol:

Amanda

Postby Amanda » Wed May 23, 2012 1:39 pm

Hello again jonca,

You may not be directly in front of Canut, but you will be close to him! Per the seating chart, seats 303 and 304 are in the center section of the three sections of the Pit, but are on the Stage Left side. The center section of the Pit starts at seat 301 on the Stage Left side and go up to seat 322, towards Stage Right. Here's the seating chart:

http://nokiatheatrelalive.com/seating-map

Amanda

Postby jonca » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:25 am

Hi Amanda, Thanks for the map. I knew we were off the isle to the center but have no idea how the actual layout of the group will be on stage. This is now a moot point as I believe Canut may not on the upcoming USA tour. I think Patchai and or Pablo may attend as I saw them, on video, in London a few days ago. This also may coinside with a rumor Canut has a surprise coming for his fans... which I think may be his new CD. So, I guess we have good and bad news for some of us.
jonca

Postby Amanda » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:35 am

Hi jonca,

Thanks for the heads up about the possibility that Canut may not be at the concert. It makes sense that his absence from some U.S. tour dates would coincide with a new album of his coming up. If he's not there, at least I saw him at the Grove of Anaheim last year, when I was in the first row of seats (the standing pit is in front of that). Two years ago, when Canut was not on the tour, Patchai was in the position on stage where Canut usually is. It would be great to see Pablo again; I think the last time I saw him was in 2007, also at the Grove of Anaheim. We'll see what happens!

Amanda

Return to Concerts and Tours