Concert in Minneapolis

Gipsy Kings concerts and tours, past, present and future, including concert reviews.

Concert in Minneapolis

Postby Meli » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:48 pm

Hi everyone! I found this video in youtube, Nico is singing "Habla me", I think it's a nice version of that amazing song. You can check it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOJV-nIIqzs
Meli

Re: Concert in Minneapolis

Postby Amanda » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:11 pm

HI Meli,

Thank you so much for this link! Nicolas' performance brought tears to my eyes and sent chills up my spine. Looking at the tour schedule, I realize that this concert was just two days ago. "Habla me" is one of my favorite songs. I have only been going to Gipsy Kings concerts since 2005; I don't remember him singing it in any of the seven concerts I've been to. I hope he sings it at the upcoming Los Angeles concert. I think he will, because it looks like they've brought back an old favorite.

It is interesting to compare this performance to the version on Este Mundo, one of their earlier albums. It's like the difference between someone who has just fallen in love, and someone who has been with someone they love for many years. (Like the difference between the way he sang "Un Amor" back then, and the way he sings it now.) Sometimes you hear people (not true GK fans) say that the Gipsy Kings are "getting old," or are "past their prime," things like that, which makes me mad. This performance of Nicolas' totally disproves that point of view.

Amanda :geek:
Amanda

Postby musicfan » Thu May 03, 2012 9:38 am

Like a nice glass of wine ;)
musicfan

Postby Meli » Thu May 03, 2012 6:42 pm

You're welcome Amanda! I'm totally agree with you. I have that CD, but I always think that the GK are incredible when they are singing in front of people, Live performance (that's what I meant :oops: , sorry It's a little bit dificult to express the idea I have in my mind in other language).

Take care!
Meli

Postby IsaBin » Sat May 05, 2012 6:44 pm

Thank you Meli for posting this! So nice to hear Nicolas singing an "old one", and Habla Me, is for me one of their best songs!
IsaBin

Postby billyboggins » Sun May 06, 2012 2:01 pm

Thanks Meli ..one of my all time favorites
billyboggins

Postby Meli » Sun May 06, 2012 7:15 pm

You're welcome!!
Meli

Return to Concerts and Tours