Chicago concert

Gipsy Kings concerts and tours, past, present and future, including concert reviews.

Chicago concert

Postby musicfan » Thu May 03, 2012 9:35 am

Chicago Concert

It was GREAT! If you have tickets for an upcoming concert you are in for a real treat. There is always some form of synergy between performers and the crowd, which was very much present at this concert. They had the entire audience on its feet for the second half of the show (for some of the more recent concerts this has not always been the case). They appeared really happy to be performing. Voices were amazing. Canut's voice, which has had some trouble the last few years, was flawless. Nicolas played the guitar again, which he had not done for several concerts. Tonino - goes without saying. Listening to him play is something for which I simply do not have words. Nicolas and Andre harmonized for La Negra - and I think the result was really beautiful. (In the past Andre has sung this one alone.) Someone has already posted a link to Habla Me, which again was a new twist on an old favorite.

It seems they are doing some more promotional work via facebook. They are "The Gipsy Kings" on facebook. They have posted concert photos, playlists etc.

Hearing them live is a privilege for which I am always grateful.
musicfan

Re: Chicago concert

Postby Meli » Thu May 03, 2012 7:04 pm

Wow, thank you very much for that comment. It's great to hear that Canut's voice is better. You seem very happy, good for you! ;)
Meli

Postby IsaBin » Sat May 05, 2012 6:41 pm

Thanks for sharing with us! It´s so nice to hear how well they are doing. I miss the concert reports that the fans used to make in the past! :)
IsaBin

Postby billyboggins » Sun May 06, 2012 2:12 pm

Great review Musicfan...glad you enjoyed yourself ...thanks for posting
billyboggins

Return to Concerts and Tours