new concerts

Gipsy Kings concerts and tours, past, present and future, including concert reviews.

Re: new concerts

Postby Jusquin » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:31 pm

Just to let you know, too, it appears as though Canut will not be making the trip this time. He wrote on Facebook, "Mes frères partent en tournée demain et vont retrouver nos amis américains, je leur souhaite bonne route et de très beaux moments aux États-Unis!" It translates as, "My brothers leave tomorrow on tour and go to rediscover our American friends. I wish them a good road and some very beautiful moments in the United States."

He had written about a week earlier, "Je travaille sur mes projets en ce moment, ça me prend du temps parce que j'ai beaucoup de choses à faire mais aussi parce que j'ai beaucoup d'idées, alors il faut les organiser ! C'est pour ça que je reste tranquillement à la maison avec mes guitares et mes tableaux, mais j'ai hâte de vous retrouver, ce sera aux Arènes d'Arles en juin." That translates as "I am working on my projects at the moment; it takes time because I have a lot of things to do and a lot of ideas, so I must organize them! That's why I stay quietly at home with my guitars and my paintings, but I look forward to seeing you at the Arena in Arles in June."
Jusquin

Postby Amanda » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:16 pm

Hi Jusquin,

Thanks. It is possible that Canut may join them for the second part of their North American tour, starting July 26 in Vancouver. I hope so! I wouldn't want to miss him two years in a row, especially because I hope to get the meet-and-greet tickets.

Amanda :geek:
Amanda

Postby Jusquin » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:10 pm

I hope he does join them for the second part of the tour; that's when the Seattle concert is scheduled, too. They have a concert in France a week before Vancouver, so maybe that will whet his appetite for a road trip!
Jusquin

Postby Amanda » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:45 pm

Hi Jusquin,

I hope so! I also hope some Forum members will post concert reviews from the current part of the tour.

Amanda

Postby Jusquin » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:02 pm

Just had a call from the theater in Seattle -- the concert has been cancelled for that venue and rescheduled for the same date at Chateau Ste. Michelle Winery in Woodinville.

I will need to buy tickets all over again ... . Not real happy about that.

I'm not sure I can get seats that are as good as what I had going through TicketMaster. I've never had any luck with them.
Jusquin

Postby Amanda » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:44 pm

Hi Jusquin,

Oh no! I hope you're going to get a refund at least. Best of luck in getting good seats for the new venue.

Amanda

Postby Jusquin » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:31 am

Hi, Amanda,

Yes, I will get a refund for the face value of the tickets, but not for shipping, processing, etc.

The man who called me from the theater said the cancellation had nothing to do with them and was not their decision. He was quite apologetic about the whole thing.

Thanks for the good luck wishes; I have a feeling I'm going to be needing them because TicketMaster has about a dozen concerts all going on sale at the same time ... .
Jusquin

Postby Jusquin » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:34 am

Hi, Amanda!

Aouiii! Whatever the reason, luck or something more, this is the best I have EVER done with TicketMaster!

Ticket sale started at 10, I was already logged in, and I hit the refresh button at just the right time. First thing that popped up was third row, Section A, which will put us on a middle aisle just right of center. I was furiously typing my card verification when the computer mysteriously decided to do a trick or two and I thought I would lose the seats by not completing the transaction on time. But apparently I had completed enough of it to get a confirmation, so I could get the screen back up and print the tickets.

And now THOSE tickets are safely put away and I can breathe again. :D
Jusquin

Postby Amanda » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:32 pm

Hi Jusquin,

That's wonderful news! What great seats! :D That sounds like a combination of quick thinking, luck, and divine intervention. Thanks for the tip about refreshing the page after logging in; I had never thought of that.

From my experience, on Ticketmaster, Visa cards require a verification code called "Verified by Visa" that is not required when making typical purchases online. One year when I bought Gipsy Kings tickets, I was sweating bullets because I didn't even know what the code was. I got help on the phone from my credit union that issued the card. But MasterCard, that I used last year, doesn't require such a verification (unless it's the 3-digit number on the back of the card, but nothing extra).

I plan to set up my MasterCard number in the My Account area of Ticketmaster this weekend, so they will already know what number to use. Of course I hope to get the special meet-and-greet package. For those VIP packages, the tickets can only be picked up at Will Call shortly before the concert, and you must present not only a photo ID, but the same credit card you used to make the purchase. They say this is necessary, otherwise you might not get in. Last year I had a VIP package, though it was not meet-and-greet. I was so paranoid last year about losing my MasterCard, I kept it in the freezer, only using it for online purchases. I had to take it to the bank for swiping the card, but even then, I didn't put it in my wallet, just in case a crook came into the bank and asked everyone for their purses and wallets! I had the card concealed in a small bag around my neck, tucked inside my shirt, every time I went to the bank, until after the concert, when I put it back in my wallet. Ironically, the theater personnel never asked to see the card, only my photo ID.

Amanda

Postby Jusquin » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:24 pm

Hi, Amanda!

Thanks! I could not believe it when those seats popped up. Usually when I hit "best available" what comes up is the last row in the last section before lawn seating, and I go from there! I was so nervous; my hands started trembling so hard I could just about type. I had JUST gotten an order number when the infamous "blue screen" appeared. I rebooted as fast as I could and managed to restore the TM screen I'd had up which, thank good vibes, pure luck, the Lord and St. Sara, was still showing my seats and allowed me to print the tickets. I also printed an extra set which were put away safely someplace else. I'm not leaving anything to chance now!

DEFINITELY set up your account in advance! I usually log on about 20 minutes early and refresh every five minutes until 9:55, then at 9:57 and 9:59. This time I must have just hit it right. I had my cursor on the refresh icon at 9:59 and clicked on it as soon as I saw the clock start to change over. During the verification, I did have to provide my security code (yes, the three-digit number on the back of the credit card).

I hope you are able to get the meet-and-greet deal! When do your seats go up for sale? I'll send some good vibes your way!

Jusquin
Jusquin

PreviousNext

Return to Concerts and Tours