Concert video from last year

Gipsy Kings concerts and tours, past, present and future, including concert reviews.

Concert video from last year

Postby Amanda » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:35 pm

Hi everyone,

I just found this video on YouTube; I think it was from a concert in Brazil last year. 30 minutes long, good close-ups and audio & video quality! Nicolas greets the audience, but doesn’t sing; he’s resting his voice. He plays the guitar all the way through. Only Andre and Canut sing. Tonino and Paco are also there, plus all the usual members of the backup band. Some of the featured songs are not played all the way from very beginning to very end, but there are many good highlights: three instrumental numbers; Djobi Djoba; Caramelo; A Tu Vera; La Dona; Todos Olé; Baila Me; and Pena Penita. Very lively! You can tell they really gave their all on this tour of Latin America.

Show dos Gipsy Kings

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzpFhw67Lqg

Amanda :geek:
Amanda

Re: Concert video from last year

Postby musicfan » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:51 pm

Thanks so much for posting. It was fun to see some songs being sung by those who normally don't sing them, ....guessing Nicolas was unable to sing. (I confess it would be difficult to imagine a concert without hearing his amazing voice.)
musicfan

Postby Amanda » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:06 pm

Hi musicfan,

You're welcome! You're right, it would be disappointing to go to a concert where Nicolas didn't sing, especially for these Brazilian fans, since this was the GK's first tour of Latin America. At times, it seems like Canut is singing his heart out even more than usual, as if to make up for it!

Amanda

Postby Jusquin » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:46 pm

Hi, Amanda,

Thank you for this link!

I agree; it's hard to imagine a concert without Nicolas singing. :(

The poor guy looks as though he's having a hard time holding back at some points, but you can see him trying to encourage the others with his glances. Canut and André really did sing their hearts out. They did a great job for being the only two vocalists.

Jusquin
Jusquin

Postby Amanda » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:05 pm

Hi Jusquin,

You're welcome! I had forgotten about this video; I just downloaded it with the free YouTube downloader you recommended, so I can give it a better look & listen later!

Amanda

Return to Concerts and Tours