Sueño de Noche

Gipsy Kings concerts and tours, past, present and future, including concert reviews.

Sueño de Noche

Postby Meli » Tue May 22, 2012 7:12 pm

Hi everyone, I found this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzptFJqPPD8, Nico and Andre are singing this amazing song, they sound really good. Is not the complete song, but it doesn't matter.

Have an excellent week!
Meli

Re: Sueño de Noche

Postby Amanda » Wed May 23, 2012 1:30 pm

Thanks for the wonderful video, Meli! :D This is another new song, one I've never heard before.

Amanda :geek:
Amanda

Postby Meli » Wed May 23, 2012 6:48 pm

You're welcome Amanda, it's great to hear that you enjoyed. But, I'm afraid that "Sueño de Noche" is not a new song. This beautiful ballad is in the album "Compas" (European version) ;)
Meli

Postby Amanda » Sun May 27, 2012 3:36 am

Thanks for the info, Meli! ;) I only have the U.S. version of Compas.

This is an example of a song that may not be new, but it is almost like new to us because we haven't heard them sing it at concerts often. Other examples are two beautiful songs sung by Nicolas, "Yo te lo digo cantando" from the album Gitan Poete (José Reyes e Los Reyes), and "Gitano Soy" from the album Cantos de Amor. I have never heard him sing either of these in concert; I wish they were among the popular favorites. Regarding "Yo te lo digo cantando," he sings it with such maturity of feeling and artistry on that early album that it is almost impossible to believe that he was only 17 or 18 at the time (I understand the album was recorded in 1976).

Amanda

Postby Meli » Sun May 27, 2012 5:53 pm

You're right! Unfortunately, I don't have "Gitan Poete" :( . But the song "Gitano soy" yes!! That is a wonderful song. It's a pleasure to share information with you about my favorite band. I really appreciate your comments Amanda. Take care!
Meli

Postby Amanda » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:17 pm

Hi Meli,

A generous friend gave me her copy of the CD "Gitan Poete." I found a place online where you can listen to "Yo te lo digo cantando," the same recording as on the album. (Note: on the album liner notes the song titles are in French, so it's called "Je te le dit en chantant.") It's on Facebook, the page called "Kisses for Nicolas Reyes (Gipsy Kings)." Scroll down to a post from December 4, 2009, from Saif H. AlMushhadani. Saif created a video slide show to illustrate the song, with photos of Nicolas and the other Gipsy Kings, most from recent years, none from the early Los Reyes years. I saw / heard this before I got "Gitan Poete." Since it's illustrated by these recent photos, when I listened to the song I imagined Nicolas singing it as a more mature man, not making the connection with the early date of "Gitan Poete."

The title song from "Gitan Poete," with José as the lead singer, can be found on YouTube. The first one is illustrated by a clear still photo of the album cover:

Gitan Poète - José Reyes & Los Reyes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quZJopqzB0Q

The second one is the same song, but illustrated by an artistic slide show, with "double exposure" style photos of Los Reyes, José, and Canut in recent years, with landscape photos of the Camargue. It starts with a photo of the album cover, but that photo is blurry, which is why I included the first link.

Gitan poète : José REYES y Los Reyes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJ0hpBXa ... re=related

Happy listening!

Amanda

Postby Meli » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:13 am

Thank you so much Amanda, I really love this part: "Gitano poeta no llores más", thanks again, you are so kind.

Take care! :D
Meli

Postby Amanda » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:58 pm

You're welcome, Meli! :D

Amanda

Return to Concerts and Tours