Hotel California video is back on YouTube!

Let's discuss the Gipsy Kings

Hotel California video is back on YouTube!

Postby Amanda » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:58 am

Hi everyone,

A little while ago, I reported the sad news that some Gipsy Kings videos had been taken off YouTube, the worst loss being a video of them singing Hotel California. It was taken down for copyright reasons. While watching another one of their videos on YouTube today, I saw a link on the right side of the screen for what looked like that same video. It was the same one! :D

Gipsy Kings- Hotel California (spanish version)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vyYyw08ZU8

This is one of my top favorite GK videos on YouTube. It's a composite video of the Gipsy Kings singing Hotel California at an early concert at the Greek Theatre in Los Angeles, combined with priceless footage of them rehearsing the song and a few of the introductory scenes from the video of that concert. I like the group of guys in the audience with their homemade Gipsy Kings T-shirts. (One of these early Greek Theatre concerts is available on DVD as a bonus feature on the “Tierra Gitana” documentary, but that version doesn’t have Hotel California, probably for copyright reasons.) I quickly downloaded this video and other favorite GK videos using DVDVideoSoft Free Studio, recommended by Jusquin, in case the video is taken down again. Thanks, Jusquin!

Amanda :geek:
Amanda

Re: Hotel California video is back on YouTube!

Postby Jusquin » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:25 pm

Thanks for the link, Amanda; I had been looking for this video for a while. I downloaded it, too, in case it disappears again!

Glad the Free Studio program worked for you. As I said, I've been using it for years and can enthusiastically recommend it. I like many of the features -- there's almost certain to be an "app" that can enable you to put the music into a form you can enjoy wherever you go.

There is also a free program called Audacity which will let you record and edit music from a source such as an online radio station. With its editing feature, you can cut out chatter, and even reduce some background noise. I'm still learning how to use it to its fullest potential.
Jusquin

Postby Amanda » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:24 pm

Thanks, Jusquin! What I really like about being able to download these videos is that once they're on my hard drive, they're no longer at the mercy of my basic DSL internet connection, which creates the problem of videos stopping and starting over and over, which is very annoying.

Everyone in my family has traditionally been slow in catching up with technology. I just have a PC and CD player, no Smartphone, iPod or anything like that. Knowing all the apps is important if you want to use the mobile devices. I want to get some kind of mobile device at some point in the foreseeable future.

Amanda :geek:
Amanda

Postby Jusquin » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:34 pm

That's what I like about them, too.

The other thing is that once they are on your hard drive, with Free Studio you also can convert them to forms that will allow you to make your own DVD, or play them on your mobile device.

(I don't have a Smartphone, either. All of the kids do. Go figure.)

I also use a free photo editing program called GIMP. I can do all kinds of creative artwork with it.
Jusquin

Return to Gipsy Kings General Discussion